Johnston Twp. family left homeless after early morning fire

The entire home on Warner Road was engulfed in flames early Saturday morning

A mobile home is engulfed in flames in Johnston Township.


JOHNSTON TWP., Ohio (WKBN) – A mobile home fire in Johnston Township Saturday morning left a family of five homeless.

A woman called 911 at 2:45 a.m. about her porch being on fire.

By 2:53, the entire home on Warner Road was engulfed in flames. When fire crews arrived, it had spread to the family’s cars.

Ammunition in the home started going off as well.

The woman told firefighters she thought the fire possibly started from a heat lamp.

Disaster volunteers from the Red Cross came to assist the family and find them temporary shelter. They will continue to help the family for the next month.

WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s