YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – The Youngstown City Schools’ Academic Distress Commission will meet to discuss the applicants for the chief executive officer position at the school district.
Sixteen people have applied for the open position, including Youngstown City Schools’ interim superintendent.
The applicants are:
- Rhonda Corr of Lakewood, Ohio: Academic instructional office area superintendent, Indianapolis, since August 2015; CEO (area superintendent), Chicago Public Schools, 2013-15.
- Curtis Clough of Douglas, Alaska: Early development education administrator at Alaska Department of Education since 2014; superintendent of Strasburg-Franklin Local Schools, Strasburg, Ohio, 2011-14.
- John Covington of Detroit, Michigan: Currently working as a consultant for school systems interested in implementing personalized learning; July 2014 to the present. Served as the Chief Executive Officer of the Education Achievement Authority of Michigan; August 2011-June 2014.
- James Herrholtz, Hubbard, Ohio: Deputy Superintendent Mahoning County ESC; 2013 to the present. Associate Superintendent, Ohio Department of Education, Division of Learning; 2011-2013.
- Stanley Jefferson, Mansfield, Ohio: Director of player development, The Ohio State University, since 2006.
- John McMahan, Rock Creek, Ohio: Principal of Taft Elementary School, Youngstown City School District; 2014 to the present. Superintendent of Southington Local Schools, Southington, Ohio; 2012-2014.
- Stephen Mitchell, Campbell, Ohio: Therapeutic support staff at Vocational and Psychological Services and West Hill Elementary, Sharon, PA., since 2015.
- John Peterka, Boardman, Ohio: President of Noble House Consulting since 2012.
- Henry Pettiegrew, North Royalton, Ohio: Director of student services and technology at Maple Heights City Schools since 2014.
- Jacqueline Respress, Pearland, Texas: Director of education, Signature Hill Independent Substance Abuse Network, 2012-14.
- Clifford Scott, Austintown, Ohio: CEO of Omaha Housing Authority, Neb., 2011-16; CEO Youngstown Metropolitan Housing Authority, 2008-11.
- Stephen Stohla, Alliance, Ohio: Interim Youngstown City Schools District superintendent since 2015; executive coach and regional vice president, Mosaica Education Inc., 2008-11.
- Andrew Tommelleo, New Castle, Pennsylvania: Consultant for State Support Team Region 5 since 2014.
- Eric Ungaro, Poland, Ohio: Intervention specialist/varsity defensive coordinator, Howland Local Schools since 2000.
- Karla Williams, Xenia, Ohio: Adjunct faculty, field services supervisor, University of Cincinnati since 2015.
- Jeff Williamson, Phoenix, Arizona: Adjunct professor at University of Phoenix since 2007; superintendent of Salt Rivers Schools, Scottsdale, AZ, 2015.
The distress commission will continue to accept applications through Tuesday, May 17.
The commission meets at 4 p.m. Wednesday, May 18 at the Choffin Career and Technical Center to discuss the applicants.