YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – Youngstown fire crews worked early Tuesday to control a fire at a home on the west side of the city.
Firefighters were called about 5:15 a.m. to the house on S. Hazelwood Avenue. When they arrived, smoke and flames were pouring from the roof of the house.
Two women were inside the home when the fire broke out but were able to make it out safely.
Firefighters had to cut through the roof with a chain saw to get to the flames.
The fire may have started from a candle, according to a firefighter at the scene.