MINNEAPOLIS (AP) – A Minnesota medical examiner says Prince died of an accidental fentanyl overdose.
The report from the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office was issued today, more than a month after the music superstar was found dead at age 57 at his Paisley Park mansion.
The single-page report said Prince “self-administered fentanyl,” referring to a synthetic opioid many times more potent than heroin.
The report was signed by Quinn Strobl, the office’s chief medical examiner.
(Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)