BROOKFIELD TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WKBN) – A family is safe after being forced from their home early Tuesday.
Crews were called about 1 a.m. to a home on Route 7 after a fire broke out in the basement.
The homeowner said she heard sparks and saw flames in the house.She thinks the fire may have started in a breaker box.
The woman quickly got her family and all of their pets out of the house and called 911.
The house sustained smoke and water damage and is not habitable.
The Red Cross is assisting the family.