HERMITAGE, Pa. (WKBN) – A popular seasonal drive-in restaurant in Hermitage is undergoing repairs after a grease fire.
A sign on the doors of the Corral on N. Hermitage Road says the restaurant will be closed until further notice.
Owner David Deforest says sometime Monday afternoon, the flat grill caught fire and flames went up the stack. He says his quick-thinking employees were able to put it out.
Although Deforest doesn’t think they’ll get the restaurant open in time for the remainder of the season, he hopes to be serving ice cream again soon.
“Hopefully we’ll get open. Unfortunately, I doubt it will be Labor Day. It’ll be probably sometime next week because we’ve got a lot of work to do,” he said.
Deforest says after restoration crews are done inside, some electrical and other work needs to be done before the restaurant is back up to code.