Authorities in Ohio city probe series of bomb threats

Police investigation generic

CINCINNATI (AP) – Authorities in the Cincinnati area are investigating a series of bomb threats at high-profile local venues.

City spokesman Rocky Merz says an anonymous caller Saturday claimed an explosive device had been planted on one of Cincinnati’s streetcars, which officially began operation Friday. All five were temporarily taken out of service so a bomb-sniffing dog could check them out.

Merz says the threat is being investigated in conjunction with other recent threats and he urges public help for identifying those behind the hoaxes.

Threats Friday night caused cancellation of the Cincinnati Moeller-Mason high school football game and an evacuation of fans immediately after the Cincinnati La Salle-Colerain football game. Both were big games for the region’s many prep football fans.

The Cincinnati Zoo was evacuated Thursday afternoon after a threat.

(Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s