AUSTINTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – Two sobriety checkpoints in Austintown over the weekend resulted in ten arrests for OVI.
Conducted by the Mahoning County OVI Task Force in collaboration with the Ohio State Highway Patrol, the checkpoints were on S. Raccoon Road from 10 p.m. to midnight and Mahoning Avenue from 1 to 3 a.m.
A total of 484 vehicles passed through the locations, with 23 vehicles being directed into the diversion areas for further investigation.
Officers and troopers also made 81 traffic stops through the saturation patrols in support of the checkpoints.
In addition to the ten OVI arrests, there were also:
- Five summonses for driving under suspension
- Two summonses for no operator’s license
- Two citations for adult restraint
- One felony arrest for drug abuse (heroin)
- Seven summonses for drug abuse
- Three summonses for drug paraphernalia
- Two citations for speed
- Two citations for expired operator’s license
- One citation for failure to control
- One citation for expired license plates
- One citation for Move Over/Slow Down law