YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – Youngstown Schools CEO Krish Mohip will be holding another round of informal community sessions for discussion and feedback on the current school year.
The hour-long “Let’s Talk” meetings are open to anyone interested in attending.
Mohip had his first meetings on Wednesday at three different schools in the district.
About 50 people showed up at Harding Elementary, asking about anything from homework policies to school suspensions.
Lanay Merriwether, a junior at Youngstown Early College, suggested having family game nights at the schools to get parents more involved.
“Let’s say a parent gets blindfolded and their child has to guide them somewhere. Just different games like that where you have to trust one another and be there for them, actually have that loving bond and communicate,” she said.
School leaders ended the night with conversations at East High School and Chaney’s campus.
Additional “Let’s Talk” meetings are planned through Oct. 26:
Thursday, Oct. 20:
- Youngstown Early College 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Martin Luther King Elementary 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 24:
- Discovery at Volney 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Discovery at Kirkmere 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Williamson Elementary 7:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 26:
- McGuffey Elementary 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Taft Elementary 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Paul C. Bunn Elementary 8:00 – 9:00 p.m.
For more information, contact Youngstown City Schools’ communications and public relations office at 330-744-6920.