Name: Daniel R. Yemma
City of Residence: Struthers
Party Affiliation: Democrat
Office Desired: Mahoning County Treasurer (incumbent)
Facebook: Re-Elect Daniel R Yemma, Mahoning County Treasurer
Why should you be elected
I have the background, experience and education necessary to serve as Treasurer and have held the position since 2011, have worked in the office since 2007.
Top three priorities
1) Effectively manage and safeguard taxpayer dollars as prescribed by Ohio Revised Code
2) Increase tax collections and reduce tax delinquencies throughout the County
3) Reduce, remove and return tax delinquent, abandoned and blighted properties to productive use using the County LandBank as the primary tool
Mahoning County Treasurer’s Office Youngstown, OH
Chief Deputy Treasurer – 4+ years
• Manage daily operations of the office serving as primary fiduciary to the County Treasurer.
Capital Financial Solutions, Inc. Youngstown, OH
President/Owner – 10 years
• Own and operate a fully-licensed for-profit mortgage and financial planning/solutions company.
Society National Bank (nka KeyBank) Cleveland, OH
Loan Officer/Manager – 18 years
• Worked in multiple lending and administrative positions with increasing management responsibilities primarily in consumer, commercial and mortgage lending areas.
Mahoning County (OH) Youngstown, OH
County Treasurer – 5 years at Present
• Appointed in June 2011 by Mahoning County Democrat Party Central Committee to fill unexpired term. Successful candidate as Democrat nominee in March 2012 Primary Election and unopposed in November 2012 General Election for full 4-year term.
City of Struthers Struthers, OH
City Councilman – 12+ years
• Served six consecutive full 2-year terms as member of Struthers City Council and was serving in seventh term when appointed to fill unexpired term as County Treasurer. Last position was as Councilman-at-Large.
Youngstown State University
Masters in Business Administration
Concentration: Business Administration
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Major: Accounting Minors: Management, Economics
Business and Community
• Currently serve as Chairman, Mahoning County Land Reutilization Corporation (countywide landbank) Board of Directors, Chairman, Lien Forward Ohio Board of Directors, Member, Board of Directors to the following: Mahoning County Mental Health Board, Mahoning-Columbiana County Training Association Workforce Investment Board
• Leadership Mahoning Valley, Class of 2007 graduate
• Current Treasurer for Struthers Gridiron Club and member of Christ Our Savior Parish Finance Council, YSU Alumni Association, Struthers Rotary, Knights of Columbus
• State of Ohio licensed Life and Accident & Health broker/agent Skills Persuasive communicator with well-developed presentation and negotiation skills, computer skills Ability to develop productive relationships with colleagues, clients, management and staff at all levels.
References Available upon request.