Name: Christine Lucarell Oliver
City of Residence: Canfield
Party Affiliation: Republican
Office Desired: Mahoning County Treasurer
Why should you be elected
I should be elected because of the following reasons:
• I will and have been an accountable person my entire life, a successful business woman, a devoted mother and a person who has been actively involved in our community for which I received a community service award.
• I have been an advocate for breast cancer awareness, multiple sclerosis awareness, and mental health awareness.
In short, I have conviction.
• I am of good character and qualified with 30 years of administrative background including 25 years of experience in banking, insurance, finance and management.
These are essential skills needed to be a successful Mahoning County Treasurer.
• I have a short and a long term plan for the Treasurer’s office, one that is in compliance with the Ohio Revised Code.
• I am a proven leader and I want to serve my county just like I served my country in the United States Navy.
Top three priorities
1) As the New Mahoning County Treasurer, ascertainment of operations will be implemented to correct and comply with the Ohio Revised Code and Independent Auditors, producing accurate financial statements, increasing accountability of tax dollars while reducing liability in office.
2) Education, Training and Implementation of Technology will increase Electronic Transfers of monies into Treasury Fund, increasing money allocations to districts and reducing cost.
3) Efficient Management Practices will provide accurate Billing Statements, Payment Agreements, Daily Balances and Reconciliations of Funds, reducing cost and creating value in your tax dollars to acquire higher bond ratings and investment opportunities.
• Graduate of Boardman High School
• MTC Training Center (Police Academy),
• Grossmont College & Trumbull Business College majoring in accounting and business administration.
• Military Trained, Licensed in Property, Casualty, Life, Health, Annuities and Series 6 & 63 insurance and financial services licenses.
Licensed Insurance Agent
Husband, Sam Oliver and children: Courtney & Gianna Lucarell, Matthew & Andrew Day and Rachel Oliver.
• Successful Business Owner, Insurance & Financial Industry
• Veteran, United States Navy
• Endorsed Republican Candidate for Mahoning County Treasurer 2016