Why should you be elected
My background in organized labor and workforce development have equipped me with the experience necessary to attract economic activity to the area, specifically by utilizing natural resources.
Along with my experience working successfully with officials at all levels of government. I understand the challenges working Ohioans face because I have worked my entire life and will continue to advocate for fairness for all Ohioans.
Top three priorities
1) Local Government Funding (LGF)
3) Public school funding
• U.S. Postal Service, 1986-2012, Retired
• NALC Br. 385 Youngstown, Ohio President, 2006-2012
• Served as Local Business Agent presenting grievances before Arbitrators.
• Negotiated local agreements between the NALC and USPS for 30 area post offices.
• Served on the greater Youngstown United Way panel for several years. Worked with United Way and member agencies to develop programs and secure funding.
• Ohio State Association of Letter carriers President 2009 to present.
• Ohio AFL-CIO Vice President, 2010 to present
• Currently serve as labor representative for Columbiana County on the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, Area 17
• Married 45 years to Sally Dyce.
• 2 children, daughter Melissa, and son John Jr., 5 grandchildren.