Name: George Levendis
City of Residence: Campbell
Party Affiliation: Republican
Office Desired: Mahoning County Commissioner
Why should you be elected
• I have a strong record of fiscal responsibility.
• I have and will continue to make the tough choices, even though it may be unpopular with some.
• I’m not a career politician, and I owe allegiance only to the citizens.
• After decades of Democratic control of Mahoning County and it’s scandals and embarrassments, it’s time for a change.
Top three priorities
1) I will attack the “big budget, let’s spend it all” mindset, and I will be a voice for the taxpayer on the Commission.
2) I will work to address the hundreds of vacant homes and commercial buildings that plague Mahoning County. We are doing it in Campbell, and it can be done in the county.
3) I will meet with county law enforcement officials to ensure that they have the necessary resources to combat the growing drug epidemic, and encourage coordination between county and municipal law enforcement.
My name is George Levendis.
I am a lifelong resident of Campbell, Ohio.
I have been married to my wife, Sheri, for 17 years and we have two children – John,16, and Angelina, 12.
I graduated from Campbell Memorial High School in 1986, and began my career in bridge painting. I have worked for the same company for the past 30 years.
Five years ago, I was elected to the position of Council President in Campbell and have since turned the city around onto a path of fiscal stability.
Now it is time to bring that experience to the county level.
I think that I have a lot to offer the citizens of Mahoning County.