YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) — Twenty suspects are charged with being involved in a drug trafficking ring that operated in the Mahoning Valley.
Most of the suspects were arrested Monday following a 74-count indictment handed down by a Mahoning County grand jury. The indictment followed an investigation led by the Mahoning Valley Law Enforcement Task Force’s Drug Unit with assistance from Attorney General Mike DeWine’s Heroin Unit.
Of those charged, six of the suspects have been identified by investigators as high-level traffickers who operated the group.
Investigators say the group was responsible for large amounts of heroin and marijuana sold in the Mahoning Valley between April 2015 and August 2016. The drugs came into Ohio from other states such as Michigan, California and Arizona, according to a press release from DeWine’s office.
DeWine said in some cases, large deliveries of drugs were shipped in the mail from out-of-state suppliers to the homes of several members of the group. The drugs were then divided by the high-level traffickers and sold to lower-level traffickers, who would then sell the drugs on the streets, he said.
Two California men who are accused of attempting to traffic heroin into the Youngstown area are also among those charged.
“This investigation found that several of the main players in this group were making thousands of dollars off of every pound of marijuana they sold, and in some cases, that money would then go to pay for heroin. It’s a vicious cycle,” said DeWine. “State and local authorities are committed to taking down the big players in these trafficking organizations, which is exactly what we did here today.”
The suspects listed below are charged in the indictment, which can be found on the Ohio Attorney General’s website:
- Edward Blackmon, 38, Youngstown
- Randy Beausoliel, 38, Studio City, California
- Jonathan Centeno, 31, Campbell
- Yeashelley Centeno, 32, Youngstown
- Coleman Cooper, 34, Youngstown
- Kory Jackson, 29, Youngstown
- James Jones, 31, Campbell
- Telia Lawson, 38, Youngstown
- Abraham Garcia Magana, 44, Homeland, California
- Terrell Martin, 36, Youngstown
- Wayne Martin, 35, Youngstown
- Edward McElroy, 31, Youngstown
- Sumya McElroy, 32, Youngstown
- Aaron McGuire, 30, Youngstown
- James Moody, 32, Youngstown
- EC Robinson, 31, Youngstown
- Kenneth Sharpe, 38, Youngstown
- Chris Simmons, 40, Youngstown
- Jose Suarez, 36, Youngstown
- Martwan Treharn, 24, Youngstown
Charges listed in the indictment include engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity, trafficking in heroin, attempted trafficking in heroin, trafficking in marijuana, attempted trafficking in marijuana, complicity to trafficking in marijuana, aggravated trafficking in drugs, permitting drug abuse, having weapons under disability, possession of marijuana and possession of drugs.