HUBBARD, Ohio (WKBN) – A Hubbard family is without a home Tuesday. Now, they are trying to salvage some of the memories within.
The house on Grandview Avenue caught fire not once, but twice in 24 hours.
Firefighters say the first fire at around 1:15 p.m. Monday was caused by an electrical blanket in the master bedroom. They were called back to the same home just before 3 a.m. Tuesday, when a passerby called 911.
“I could see flames coming out of the back of the house, too, so the whole thing’s gonna be in flames by the time someone else gets here,” the caller told dispatch.
Because there is such a large gap between the two fires, firefighters in Hubbard have called in the State Fire Marshal’s Office to investigate what sparked the rekindle
“Usually a rekindle, it would be more closer in time range,” said Eagle Joint Firefighter Lee O’Hara.
As of right now, what sparked fire number two is undetermined, but the investigation is ongoing.