YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – Tickets to Youngstown State’s National Championship football game against James Madison on Jan. 7 in Texas are already sold out.
YSU’s Athletic Department is directing fans to NCAA.com to purchase tickets.
Trevor Parks from the YSU Athletic Department said after the Jacksonville State game, Youngstown State committed $75,000 to purchase 1,000 tickets.
The university was able to provide tickets to loge holders and others, but have since run out. YSU was hoping to have more tickets, but none were available.
“Despite not having any additional tickets available to provide to fans, we are optimistic that fans will be able to locate tickets in secondary markets. We are thrilled to have as much support in Frisco on January 7,” he said.
The athletic department began selling tickets at 9 a.m. Tuesday through its ticket office.
They were sold for $75 each, with a $5 processing fee.
The tickets are for sections behind the YSU sideline inside Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas.
Previously, the university broke down ticket sales day-by-day based on availability:
- Tuesday: Ticket sales open to YSU loge holders and Penguin Club Champions members
- Wednesday: Ticket sales open to Penguin Club Gridiron Seating Level members and YSU Penguin corporate partners
- Thursday: Ticket sales open to season-ticket holders and 2016-17 YSU Football Alumni Club members
- Friday: Ticket sales open to students, who can purchase one ticket per student in person from a limited number reserved for YSU students
- Wednesday, Dec. 28: Ticket sales open to the general public
Tailgate passes are $20 and will only be on sale at Toyota Stadium on the day of the game.