To watch additional videos from the Hidden History special, visit WKBN.com.
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – WKBN 27 First News reporter Cameron O’Brien and anchor Mandy Noell hosted a special presentation Saturday night that aired on Fox Youngstown.
The 30-minute special, called Hidden History, honored Black History Month. The special took a look at some events in black history that impacted lives around the country, and even right here in the Valley.
O’Brien reported on three local stories:
Nexstar affiliates from across the country contributed to writing national stories for the show:
New York church provided refuge for slaves seeking freedom
Other Hidden History stories:
- Influence of Grambling coach remains strong
- A link that reaches from Georgetown to a piece of Louisiana land
- A spot along the Mississippi once offered a chance at freedom
- Plantation brings dark past into the light
- Blind prodigy almost never played a note
- Rare artifact recounts Central Illinois’ place in Underground Railroad
- Sanitation strikers stood up, became symbols of the struggle
- Beale Street’s history preserved through music, stories
- BBQ served with a side of solidarity in Arkansas
The 30-minute special was sponsored by Attorney Elizabeth Bernard.