Warren Police investigating 2-year-old boy’s hospitalization

Police said they think the boy swallowed something that caused him to pass out

Hospital, Medical Care Generic

WARREN, Ohio (WKBN) – Detectives in Warren are trying to figure out what caused a two-year-old boy to pass out earlier this week.

Warren Police Sgt. Joe Kistler said investigators believe the child may have ingested something, but they can’t say for sure what it was.

A call to 911 Tuesday suggested the toddler may have swallowed rat poisoning. Police officers are waiting on test results from the hospital.

The boy arrived at Trumbull Memorial Hospital on Tuesday. He’s now at Akron Children’s Hospital’s main campus, where his condition is improving.

Police say the child’s three-year-old sibling has also been placed in the care of Trumbull County Children Services during the investigation.

No charges have been filed.


WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s