WARREN, Ohio (WKBN) – Detectives in Warren are trying to figure out what caused a two-year-old boy to pass out earlier this week.
Warren Police Sgt. Joe Kistler said investigators believe the child may have ingested something, but they can’t say for sure what it was.
A call to 911 Tuesday suggested the toddler may have swallowed rat poisoning. Police officers are waiting on test results from the hospital.
The boy arrived at Trumbull Memorial Hospital on Tuesday. He’s now at Akron Children’s Hospital’s main campus, where his condition is improving.
Police say the child’s three-year-old sibling has also been placed in the care of Trumbull County Children Services during the investigation.
No charges have been filed.