Dogs alert woman to house fire in Union Township

Firefighters were called to the home in the 100 block of Boston Avenue on Tuesday morning

Union Township fire


UNION TOWNSHIP, Pa. (WKBN) – A woman in Union Township said her dogs saved her life on Tuesday morning.

The woman, who lives at a home on Boston Avenue, said her dogs started barking and woke her up about 6:30 a.m. to a smoke-filled house.

She and her dogs were able to get out of the house OK, but the fire spread quickly.

When crews arrived, flames and smoke were coming from the house. The entire second floor of the house was destroyed, and the roof collapsed.

No injuries were reported.

A cause hasn’t been determined yet.

 

.

WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s