Grove City couple escapes house fire, thanks to neighbor

The fire started around 10:15 a.m. on Thanksgiving at 333 Lincoln Avenue in Grove City

A Grove City couple said they are thankful for a diligent neighbor, who notified them that their house was on fire.


GROVE CITY, Pa. (WKBN) – A Grove City couple said they are thankful for a diligent neighbor, who notified them that their house was on fire.

The fire started around 10:15 a.m. on Thanksgiving at 333 Lincoln Avenue in Grove City.

A husband and wife lived there with several pets.

A neighbor saw the smoke and knocked on their door, telling them that the house was on fire.

They and their pets got outside safely, but one cat is missing.

When crews arrived, there was smoke coming out from the east side of the home.

Firefighters say the fire started in their chimney and was probably smoldering all night.

Four area fire departments were on scene for about two hours.

There is heavy smoke damage in the home and the ceilings caved in.

.

WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s