BOARDMAN, Ohio (WKBN) – It’s no secret that the Valley has some great pizza joints, so Sunday several of them were put to the test for a good cause.
Hundreds of people gathered at Mr. Anthony’s for the Mahoning Valley Pizza Cook-Off.
All the food and entertainment was to raise money for local Potential Development schools for autism. One parent says the program gave her her son back.
“Dylan had a late autism diagnosis, which explained a lot of his struggles through elementary school and middle school. We found Potential Development and that completely turned our lives around,” said Jackie Parisi.
The winners are:
- Best traditional pizza — Bruno Bros. Pizza
- Best gourmet pizza — Giangelo’s Pizzeria
- People’s choice — Cocca’s Pizza
- Best Briar Hill pizza — Belleria Pizza
- Best local pizza — Belleria Pizza
- Best non-red pizza — Pizza Joe’s
One of the lucky judges was First News Meteorologist Alex George.